KAWAI Musical Instruments Mfg. Co., Ltd. and its subsidiaries and group entities (hereinafter referred to as “We” or “Us”) may collect your personal data to provide our products or services to customers.
1. Principles of processing personal data
・Process personal data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to the general customer and persons from business counterparties, etc. (hereinafter referred to as “customers”) ・Process personal data only to the extent necessary for achieving the purposes specified in advance. ・Store personal data for the period necessary for achieving the purposes. ・Maintain personal data accurately and kept up to date to the extent necessary for the purposes. ・Process personal data by implementing appropriate technical and organisational measures.
2. The purposes of personal data processing
The purposes of processing the personal data processed by us are as follows:
・For personal data of customers
- (1) Responding to contract matters with customers (e.g. contacting regarding the transaction, procedures for payments,etc.) and customers’ requests, etc.
- (2) Providing information through paying visits, sending brochures or emails, such as newsletters in relation to our products, music schools/physical education schools or event and campaign of our services, etc.
- (3) Providing after-sale services, maintenance services, etc.
- (4) Shipping our products and repaired items received from customers.
- (5) Engaging in credit management and collection operations and performing credit assessment.
- (6) Responding to applicants,etc.for the contest sponsored and operated by us.
- (7) Implementing questionnaires ,monitoring investigation to analyze customer information with the aim of product development or improving customer satisfaction.
- (8) Processing and managing application for a job in our group.
- (9) Collecting and analysing technical information.
- (10) Implementing designs, manufacturing and quality controls, etc. of our products.
- (11) Other, processing for the purpose obtained prior consent from customers.
- (12) Providing personal data to a third party for achieving one or more of the purposes (1) through (12) above.
3. Legal basis of processing personal data
We process personal data based on one of the following legal bases:
・We have obtained the consent of the customers or have communicated required matters to the customers in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. ・The processing is necessary to perform the obligations under the contract with the customers. ・The processing is necessary for us to fulfil its legal obligations. ・The processing is necessary to secure legitimate interests pursued by us.
4. The personal data we collect
We may collect the following data:
・Name, address, date of birth (age), gender, contact information (phone number, email address), affiliation (workplace, membership, position, school, etc.), information in relation to personal preference (favourite pastime, hobby, interest, sports, etc.), other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
5. Providing personal data to a third party
・We do not provide personal data to a third party unless we obtain express consent from the customers or required by laws or regulations. If we provide personal data concerning the customers to a third party, we communicate the information of the recipient to the customers as part of the processing of personal data based on the applicable legal basis. ・If we transfer personal data from the territory of European Economic Area (EEA) to outside the EEA, we implement safeguards required under applicable laws and regulations.
6. Obtaining personal data from a third party
The descriptions and source of personal data that we obtain from a third party are specified as follows:
・Personal data to be obtained from a third party
Name, address, date of birth (age), gender, contact information (phone number, email address)
Product information, other information in relation to service to customers ・Source of personal data
Musical instrument dealers, Music schools, etc.
7. Taking actions on the rights of customers
We take appropriate actions on the customers’ requests on the processing of personal data concerning him or her in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. The requests of the customers include:
・Access to the personal data ・Rectification or erasure of the personal data ・Restriction on the processing of the personal data ・Lodging a complaint against the processing of the personal data ・Data portability of the personal data ・Withdrawal of consent on the processing of the personal data ・Contest against the processing of the personal data
Customers may lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority where the customers has his or her habitual residence concerning processing of customers’ personal data.
8. About Cookies
9. Safeguards for the protection of personal data
We implement appropriate, necessary measures including measures against, including but not limited to, illegal access, computer viruses to prevent incidents such as loss, destruction, manipulation or leakage of personal data. We also provide appropriate, necessary supervision over its employees, contracted processors, etc. to ensure the protection of personal data.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01/01/2019 and when we make changes to this Statement, we will amend the revision date at the bottom of this page.
11. Inquiry Contacts
・Kawai Data Protection Office
Last revised: 01/01/2019