ES8 Portable Digital Piano software update v1.06 released
Kawai Japan has issued a software update for the ES8 Portable Digital Piano.
This recommended v1.06 update addresses rare issues related to sound selection, SMF playback, and USB device recognition. In addition, the F-20 Mode setting has also been expanded to allow control over the Rhythm Section, with the owner’s manual updated to explain these new pedal functions.
The full v1.06 update changelog is shown below:
- Added: Some Rhythm Section control functions can now be specified in the F-20 Mode setting:
Damper/Rhythm: The right pedal will function as a Damper pedal, the left pedal will function as a Rhythm Start/Stop pedal.
Fill-In/Rhythm: The right pedal will function as a Fill-In pedal, the left pedal will function as a Start/Stop pedal.
Part/Rhythm: The right pedal will function as a Part toggle pedal (All –> Drum –> B+Dr), the left pedal will function as a Start/Stop pedal.
Vari./Rhythm: The right pedal will function as a Variation toggle pedal with Fill-In, the left pedal will function as a Start/Stop pedal.
- Fixed: First note played after selecting a sound could occasionally not play in some very rare cases.
- Fixed: Some rare SMF files could not be played correctly.
- Fixed: A-B repeat button did not indicate the correct status in rare case.
- Fixed: USB memory devices with write protect function would not be recognised when the protect switch was enabled.
ES8 owners are encouraged to update their instruments to use this latest software version. We also recommend that users backup any user-created Registration/Startup settings before applying the update.
The software update and update instructions can be downloaded from the ‘Software Updates’ page of the Kawai Global website at the following URL:
Note that Kawai software updates are cumulative, i.e. the v1.06 update includes any fixes and improvements provided with all previous versions.